There's a thing on Twitter called Follow Friday. Basically, you present a list of people that you recommend other people follow. It's a pretty popular idea and it makes everyone feel good. So with that in mind, I figure the least we can do for our wonderful Kickstarter backers is to give them a variant of the Follow Friday plug. So here they are, in order (well, some of them):
11. Patrick Williamson (?): I could have sworn Patrick had a twitter account, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, he's a lover and supporter of all sorts of indie films. He lives in Chicago and cheers for the Cubs, so take it easy on him from, say, September through November. You could also be his Facebook friend.
12. rankography (@rankography): Rankography is a new movie site that allows you to rank movies in any way you seem fit, until your heart's content or the internet explodes, whichever comes first. It looks like a pretty cool site. I haven't really explored it much because it seems like it'll be really addicting and then they'll find me 2 weeks later curled up in the fetal position in front of a computer. You should totally check it out, because you probably have more will power than I do.
13. Gary Lovell: Ok, so I'm not sure I know who Gary is, which worries me because I'm really terrible at remembering names (true story: I once forgot my own middle name, and I was completely sober), so there's a good chance I do know Gary, in which case I'll feel awful. But nothing in the Twitter and Facebook searches rings any bells, and my guess is it's not the guy who's a fan of Fox News. Gary, if you're out there, your contribution is much appreciated. Drop me a line. Introduce yourself. Or re-introduce yourself, whichever the case may be.
14. Simon Leaper: I don't know a lot about Simon Leaper. I know he bought a Blanc de Blanc download back in April, which means he's supported not one, but 2 d press productions. Of course, that means he's doubly awesome. I do know where he lives (but I'm not going to repeat that here, of course), and I'd maybe go visit if it was somewhere on this continent. Simon, we appreciate your support more than you know. Thanks!
15. Raffi Asdourian (@zaffi): Now Raffi I know. Raffi's one of those people I met via Twitter and have later met in real life (it's a small list thus far, but it seems to grow pretty quickly). He lives in NYC and has a very cool girlfriend, who I also met at DIY Days. His film Ai is in a War of Films contest on Film Annex (VOTE RAFFI!!!) and you can watch it below.
Stay tuned for the rest of our backers! And, as always, you can join them!