There's a thing on Twitter called Follow Friday. Basically, you present a list of people that you recommend other people follow. It's a pretty popular idea and it makes everyone feel good. So with that in mind, I figure the least we can do for our wonderful Kickstarter backers is to give them a variant of the Follow Friday plug. So here they are, in order (well, some of them):
91. Joshua Bird: Josh "The Word" Bird went to college in Chattanooga, where we met at a Chattanooga Lookouts game and bonded over a mutual respect for Wily Mo Pena's formidable skills as a first base coach. When I left my super-competitive fantasy baseball league for a couple of years, Josh took over my team and turned it into a dominant powerhouse. The Yankees of the league, if you will. (Much like the Yankees, he often has the best record and then flames out in the playoffs.) Now we're in the same division, which means we have to tangle pretty often and either he ends up cursing Zack Greinke or I end up cursing Albert Pujols. For years he's promised to come see my movie if it ever plays in Annapolis, thinking clearly he'd never have to make good on that promise. And then he did. Muwhahahaha.
92. cdinucci0: a.k.a. Celeste DiNucci was the 2007 winner of the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions, which pretty much makes her the smartest backer we've got. Originally from what we call in Maine "the other Portland" (Oregon), Celeste now lives in Philly, where she's busy putting together the Philadelphia Performing Arts Kitchen, a nonprofit production house "dedicated to supporting collaborations that are doing original, interdisciplinary, "devised" performance." It sounds like something right up our alley.
93. Meghan Walsh: As you could probably guess, there's a lot of people in the world with the name Meghan Walsh. I'm pretty sure she comes to us via Adam Woods, but I can't really narrow it down any more than that with any certainty. So let's see...here's my best guess: She might work for The Food Trust, which is a company that "works to improve the heath of children and adults, promote good nutrition, increase access to nutritious foods, and advocate for better public policy." And that totally sounds like someone who'd be friends with Adam.
94. Jade Gasper (@jadeofalltrades): Jade is, I think, the key person behind Mark It Alternative, a company that puts your company or organizational logo on all sorts of stuff like frisbees and water bottles and pens and whatnot. ooohhh, they even have a section for stuff under $1. But unlike a lot of those types of companies, they're green, locally focused, and a member of the Sustainable Business Network of Philly. Which means, basically, that they're good people.
95. michael montes (@michaelmontes): Michael Montes is a composer. He writes music for films. He makes albums. At least, that's what his website says. His bio, however, is much longer. He has 32 (!) IMDb credits as a composer, including an Oscar nominee for Best Live Action Short (it didn't win). You can listen to a ton of his work on this Muxtape page or you can buy them on iTunes. Seriously, buy them on iTunes. He's a cool guy (and pretty damned talented too).
Stay tuned for the rest of our backers! And, as always, you can still become a backer and get the same rewards as our other backers. Just click on the "Donate" button below and PayPal will take care of the rest.