There's a thing on Twitter called Follow Friday. Basically, you present a list of people that you recommend other people follow. It's a pretty popular idea and it makes everyone feel good. So with that in mind, I figure the least we can do for our wonderful Kickstarter backers is to give them a variant of the Follow Friday plug. So here they are, in order (well, some of them):
86. Patrick Lannigan: Patrick, a.k.a. The Irish Thug, is a poker-playing, uh, thug with a penchant for movies. He's currently working his way through the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die at his blog The Irish Thug. He was a damned fine lacrosse player in his day and graduated from Northeastern with a double major, which makes him way smarter than me. And probably way smarter than you.
87. Blake Irvin (@blakeirvin): Blake actually sold me the computer I'm typing this on, back when he worked at the Apple Store in Cranberry, PA. And yes, I need to get a new computer, as that was a long time ago. Blake and I went to the same college, where our circles would sometimes intersect, often at coffee houses and open mic things where Blake would play techo/dance music and I would, well, listen (I don't play any musical instruments). He's one of those guys who's ridiculously smart in ways I don't understand, other than realizing that he's very good at what he does. He's a passionate guy in that way and the scope of that is, simply put, often stunning. Check out his two blogs, I am so agree and ok boot.
88. Samuel Larson: Sam is one of the several backers who I know through poker. He's been a supporter of my work for awhile, having purchased a DVD in the past, which makes his super awesome. He has a keen sense of film, but an even better sense of economics and, more importantly, Minnesota sports. Minneapolis, by the way, is an amazingly cool city, one of my favorite places I've visited, even if the Metrodome was a terrible stadium. One of these days I'll have to check out the new park and, with any luck, Scott Baker will be pitching.
89. Lisa Chamblee: I thought I knew who Lisa Chamblee was, and spent a good chunk of time Googling, but was unable to find what I was looking for. If I'm thinking of the right person, then she has a Twitter account (which I can't find) and a blog (which I also can't find). Wait, scrap that. I'm thinking of someone else. But I'll venture a guess: the two people are connected somehow. I don't know how, exactly, but I bet they are. Regardless, thanks a million Lisa. We appreciate it. And if you're reading this, drop me a line. Let me know more about you.
90. Michael McWay (@Grand_Epic): Michael, who lives in San Francisco, writes the film blog Film as Folk Art. It's a new film blog, so take a minute and go check it out. Give the man some traffic in the beginning stages of film blogging because, really, the beginning posts are the hardest ones. You're not sure if anyone's even reading what you're writing and it can kind of feel like shouting into the abyss. But Michael's a smart guy, trying to find his film blog voice, so help him out. Give him some feedback. He'll be just fine.
Stay tuned for the rest of our backers! And, as always, you can still become a backer and get the same rewards as our other backers. Just click on the "Donate" button below and PayPal will take care of the rest.