There's a thing on Twitter called Follow Friday. Basically, you present a list of people that you recommend other people follow. It's a pretty popular idea and it makes everyone feel good. So with that in mind, I figure the least we can do for our wonderful Kickstarter backers is to give them a variant of the Follow Friday plug. So here they are, in order (well, some of them):
46. Stephen Mullen: Stephen Mullen (a.k.a. weepingsam) is the man behind the film blog The Listening Ear. He has a peculiar love for foreign language cinema, but recently he's been writing about the World Cup. The cat in his Facebook profile photo looks, well, evil. Anyway, his blog has a wealth of information on it. Take, for example, this post about Blue Velvet.
47. Matthew: I have a suspicion I know who this is. Problem is, I'm only like 50% sure that it's that Matthew and not one of 3 or 4 other people named Matthew that might back us. So...will the real Matthew please stand up?
48. Rachel Shaw (@rachelvshaw): Rachel is an actress who played the female lead in my last two films. She's also helped write and produce our epic film Blanc de Blanc, which was a big huge awesome hit and recently had a 1-week run in a multiplex. She lives on the outskirts of Pittsburgh with her husband Pete (who's a fantastic chiropractor, by the way) and her 3 year-old son Liam (you may remember Liam as the contents of Rachel's pregnant belly in gravida). She has another kid on the way. She was really appreciate it if you bought yourself a copy of Blanc de Blanc. The DVD will be out later this year.
49. Joanna Stocker: Joanna is one crazy bitch. I met Joanna during a 12 hour car ride between Maine and Pittsburgh in my freshman year of college. I rode with her and her sister Elizabeth and for the next 2 years, we made that long, long trip together. She never drove, but she did a fantastic job of keeping me awake, although she was in the car when I drove into a semi-truck on I-80. For the rest of that trip, I needed no help staying awake. She lives in Augusta, Maine now and when I'm in town we try and meet for either Chinese food or beer, sometimes both. She is one of our most ardent supporters. If you see her, help the rest of the people we went to school with convince her to move. Philly and Pittsburgh are fighting over her.
50. Sam Ippolito: Sam lives in Pittsburgh where he runs the blog Pittsburgh Indie Movie Examiner, a valuable resource for the people of Pittsburgh to learn what's happening in the world of indie film, as it relates to them. He casts a wider net than the Post-Gazette, or even City Paper (although Al Hoff at City Paper does a fantastic job). I met him when he one of the regulars at Indies for Indies. He wrote of the series that it was "something cinephiles can cherish and look forward to." and said of fellow backer Amir Motlagh's Whale: "the film, especially in its quieter moments, has a dream-like quality that rewards the viewer with its insight into just trying to be able to juggle life's hardship with an innate desire to just enjoy life." It's a great blog, a must-read for Pittsburgh indie aficionados.
Stay tuned for the rest of our backers! And, as always, you can join them!